Content about Alliance Boots

August 14, 2014

Following Walgreens' announcement last week about taking the next step in acquiring Alliance Boots, Alex Gourlay, executive VP Walgreens Boots Alliance and president of Walgreens, announced a proposed operational organization structure in a letter to Walgreens employees.

Deerfield, Ill. -- Following Walgreens' announcement last week about taking the next step in acquiring Alliance Boots, Alex Gourlay, executive VP Walgreens Boots Alliance and president of Walgreens, announced a proposed operational organization structure in a letter to Walgreens employees.
 

August 6, 2014

Walgreens said it has exercised its option to buy the remaining 55% of European pharmacy retailer and wholesaler Alliance Boots in a $15.26 billion deal that will keep the drug store chain's corporate tax headquarters in the United States.

Deerfield, Ill. — Walgreens on Wednesday said it has exercised its option to buy the remaining 55% of European pharmacy retailer and wholesaler Alliance Boots in a $15.26 billion deal that will keep the drug store chain's corporate tax headquarters in the United States. Walgreens said it is not in the best long-term interest of its shareholders to re-domicile outside the United States.

May 19, 2014

The Walgreens Co. is reportedly considering making a purchase offer for U.K.-based drugstore chain Alliance Boots.

Deerfield, Ill. – The Walgreens Co. is reportedly considering making a purchase offer for U.K.-based drugstore chain Alliance Boots. Walgreens, which owns 45% of the company, has an option to purchase the remaining 55% between February and August 2015, but according to The Telegraph may try to make an offer even sooner.

November 30, 2012

Walgreens on Saturday officially opened its 8,000th store nationwide and its first flagship on the West Coast.

Deerfield, Ill.  -- Walgreens on Saturday will officially open its 8,000th store nationwide and its first flagship on the West Coast. The store, located in Los Angeles at the iconic corner of Sunset and Vine, features an extensive collection of innovative offerings, products and services, many of which are not standard fare.

November 30, 2012

Walgreens on Saturday officially opened its 8,000th store nationwide and its first flagship on the West Coast.

Deerfield, Ill.  -- Walgreens on Saturday will officially open its 8,000th store nationwide and its first flagship on the West Coast. The store, located in Los Angeles at the iconic corner of Sunset and Vine, features an extensive collection of innovative offerings, products and services, many of which are not standard fare.

October 30, 2012

Walgreens said Tuesday it has formally set up a new company, jointly owned with Alliance Boots, as part of the strategic partnership’s synergy program.

Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreens said Tuesday it has formally set up a new company, jointly owned with Alliance Boots, as part of the strategic partnership’s synergy program.

The new company, called Walgreens Boots Alliance Development GmbH, is based in Bern, Switzerland.

September 18, 2012

Walgreens announced several new senior management roles, including an expanded role for CFO Wade Miquelon and the appointment of current senior VP and chief strategy officer Robert Zimmerman as the lead executive responsible for the Walgreens-Alliance Boots' "synergy team."

Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreens on Tuesday announced several new senior management roles, including an expanded role for CFO Wade Miquelon and the appointment of current senior VP and chief strategy officer Robert Zimmerman as the lead executive responsible for the Walgreens-Alliance Boots' "synergy team." Succeeding Zimmerman as chief strategy officer will be Brad Fluegel.

September 18, 2012

Walgreens announced several senior-management shifts intended to capitalize on its new partnership with Swiss drugstore chain Alliance Boots.

Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreens announced Tuesday several senior-management shifts intended to capitalize on its new partnership with Swiss drugstore chain Alliance Boots.

CFO Wade Miquelon is assuming an expanded and global leadership role at Walgreens as executive VP/CFO and president, international, leading a newly named Value Creation Services and International Division.

September 17, 2012

Swiss drugstore chain Alliance Boots said it has acquired a 12% stake in Chinese pharmaceutical wholesaler Nanjing Pharmaceutical Co. for $88.5 million.

Zug, Switzerland -- Swiss drugstore chain Alliance Boots said Monday it has acquired a 12% stake in Chinese pharmaceutical wholesaler Nanjing Pharmaceutical Co. for $88.5 million.

The deal follows Walgreen Co.’s $7 billion investment in Alliance Boots in a move to expand into China.

Alliance Boots runs the largest drugstore chain in the United Kingdom.

Walgreen’s initial plan is to acquire about 45% of Alliance Boots with an option to buy the rest of the company in three years.

 

September 17, 2012

Swiss drugstore chain Alliance Boots said it has acquired a 12% stake in Chinese pharmaceutical wholesaler Nanjing Pharmaceutical Co. for $88.5 million.

Zug, Switzerland -- Swiss drugstore chain Alliance Boots said Monday it has acquired a 12% stake in Chinese pharmaceutical wholesaler Nanjing Pharmaceutical Co. for $88.5 million.

The deal follows Walgreen Co.’s $7 billion investment in Alliance Boots in a move to expand into China.

Alliance Boots runs the largest drugstore chain in the United Kingdom.

Walgreen’s initial plan is to acquire about 45% of Alliance Boots with an option to buy the rest of the company in three years.

 

August 2, 2012

Walgreens and Alliance Boots on announced the completion of Walgreens initial investment in the strategic partnership following receipt of all required regulatory approvals.

Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreens and Alliance Boots on Thursday announced the completion of Walgreens initial investment in the strategic partnership following receipt of all required regulatory approvals.

The Walgreens investment consists of approximately $4 billion in cash and 83.4 million shares of Walgreens common stock in exchange for a 45% equity stake in Alliance Boots. Walgreens has the option to proceed to a full combination in approximately three years’ time by acquiring the remaining 55% of Alliance Boots.

August 2, 2012

Walgreens and Alliance Boots on announced the completion of Walgreens initial investment in the strategic partnership following receipt of all required regulatory approvals.

Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreens and Alliance Boots on Thursday announced the completion of Walgreens initial investment in the strategic partnership following receipt of all required regulatory approvals.

The Walgreens investment consists of approximately $4 billion in cash and 83.4 million shares of Walgreens common stock in exchange for a 45% equity stake in Alliance Boots. Walgreens has the option to proceed to a full combination in approximately three years’ time by acquiring the remaining 55% of Alliance Boots.

June 19, 2012

Walgreen Co. said it will pay $6.7 billion for a 45% stake in European health and beauty retailer Alliance Boots, which is based in Nottingham, England, with an option to buy the rest of the company in about three years.

New York -- Walgreen Co. said Tuesday it will pay $6.7 billion for a 45% stake in European health and beauty retailer Alliance Boots, which is based in Nottingham, England, with an option to buy the rest of the company in about three years. It is the first international venture and biggest deal ever for the U.S. chain.

June 19, 2012

Walgreen Co. said it will pay $6.7 billion for a 45% stake in European health and beauty retailer Alliance Boots, which is based in Nottingham, England, with an option to buy the rest of the company in about three years.

New York -- Walgreen Co. said Tuesday it will pay $6.7 billion for a 45% stake in European health and beauty retailer Alliance Boots, which is based in Nottingham, England, with an option to buy the rest of the company in about three years. It is the first international venture and biggest deal ever for the U.S. chain.