Walgreens shuffles Daily Living execs
Deerfield Park, Ill. – Walgreens is shaking up its Daily Living organization by shuffling the roster of key marketing and merchandising executives. These promotions and appointments, effective Oct. 1, accompany the appointment of Alex Gourlay, chief executive of Alliance Boots Health and Beauty Division, as Walgreens executive VP, president of customer experience and daily living.
Reporting to Walgreens president and CEO Greg Wasson, Gourlay will lead the enhanced Walgreens Daily Living organization overseeing U.S. merchandising, marketing, customer insights, customer experience and daily living products and promotions.
Today’s announcement includes a number of promotions and expansion of leadership roles of Walgreens Daily Living and Merchandising executives:
- Bryan Pugh becomes corporate VP, U.S. merchandising program development & execution.
- Moe Alkemade becomes group VP, global sourcing.
- Shannon Curtin is promoted to group VP and general merchandise manager, beauty.
- Robert Tompkins is promoted to group VP and general merchandise manager, health and wellness.
- Jim Jensen becomes divisional VP and general merchandise manager, seasonal and general merchandise.
- Beth Stiller is promoted to group VP, category planning, formats & innovation.
- Linda Severin, formerly of Kroger, where she led the redevelopment of its private brand portfolio, joins Walgreens as divisional VP, private brands.