Uniqlo to open stores in Boston, Philly markets
New York - Uniqlo announced it will enter two new markets, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts, starting this spring. The Japanese apparel giant will open three stores in the Philadelphia market and six stores in the Boston metro area. In addition, Uniqlo will open a pop-up shop at Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, early this summer.
Uniqlo will enter Pennsylvania with three stores in the greater Philadelphia area:
• King of Prussia Mall, King of Prussia (May 16)
• 1608 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia (Oct. 3)
• Willow Grove Park Mall, Willow Grove (Oct. 10)
The retailer will enter Massachusetts with six stores in the Boston metro region:
• Natick Mall, Natick (Aug. 29)
• The Mall at Chestnut Hill, Newton (Aug. 29)
• Northshore Mall, Peabody, (Sept. 19)
• Legacy Place in Dedham (Oct. 24)
• 341 Newbury Street, Boston (spring 2015)
• Faneuil Hall, Boston (spring 2015)
Uniqlo previously announced it will enter the Los Angeles market in 2014. It also plans to open more stores in its existing markets of San Francisco, Connecticut, New Jersey and New York
Currently, there are 20 open Uniqlo stores in the United States, with a total of more than 1,300 locations around the globe. Uniqlo is a division of Fast Retailing Co., one of the world’s largest apparel retail companies.