- Sprouts Farmers Market to roll out AccessVia’s signage solution
- Fast-fashion retailers slow down to engage with customers
- Let the converged retailing evolution begin
- Haagen-Dazs Shoppe partners with Buxton to map out expansion strategy
- Congress extends implementation date of final rule governing gift cards
New York City -- Saks Inc. will expand its distribution and fulfillment capacity, adding a new facility in Tennessee in 2012.
The new center will occupy approximately 564,000 sq. ft. of leased space and will be located in LaVergne, Tenn. It will be equipped with a sophisticated mobile-robotic fulfillment system that has been successfully deployed in Saks’ Maryland facility.
Saks expects the Tennessee facility to be operational by August 2012.
Steve Sadove, chairman and CEO of Saks, noted, “In order to support our omni-channel strategy and our continued sales growth, some time ago we recognized that we would need additional distribution and fulfillment capacity beginning in 2012.”