New Stop & Shop to pursue LEED certification
Quincy. Mass. -- Stop & Shop Supermarket Co. on Saturday will open its third location in Cranston, R.I. The new store will pursue LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification in the coming months.
The new Stop & Shop was built with a range of energy-efficient features, including a fabric duct ventilation system (from DuctSox). The application, designed to provide more uniform airflow is first of its kind use for Stop & Shop.
Other energy-saving features include:
- ECM motors in the refrigerated fixtures and walk-in coolers;
- Low-mercury energy efficient T5 HO fluorescent light fixtures with occupancy sensors in the storage areas and offices;
- LED lights for accent lighting (also in the refrigerated display cases and interior/exterior signage);
- An energy management system that monitors the performance of the lighting, refrigeration, and HVAC systems; and
- Low-flow fixtures in the bathrooms and prep areas to reduce water consumption.
Click here for More SPECS News.